With the development of technology, all areas are computerised. We have even managed to open online banks. These are so useful that one wonders how it was done before. Online banks are a good substitute for normal banks, where you can find all kinds of services such as opening a current account, savings account, life insurance, credit, etc. If this is your first experience, it is obvious that you will have some fears. If this is the case, I invite you to continue reading our article in order to know the advantages and disadvantages of online banking.
What are the advantages of online banking?
The advantages of online banking are many, among them
- Bank charges With some online banks, you can have a current bank account without having to spend any money. All you have to do is avoid payment incidents and stay within the normal usage limits. But you should be careful because not all banks offer free cards.
- More profitability for your savings Online banking: the online bank account offers access to other online services, such as online savings. You can even have savings books, life insurance and access to the stock market.
- Flexibility of use The banks offer a real customer area, with bank advisors who can be reached by phone, email and even on webcam. Moreover, the account can be managed from a computer but also from a mobile phone or a tablet.
The disadvantages of French online banks
Although there are many advantages to online banking, it is not without its drawbacks. Here are some of them:
- The relative loss of human contact It is true that with online banking everything is done more quickly, you will have the right to a personal adviser, but with whom you will only have telephone contact. So you remain in the virtual world, which is rather disturbing.
- More restrictive entry requirements The conditions for registering with an online bank are much more complicated than those of a normal bank. So you'll have to justify a lot of things, which isn't always easy.
- Inability to deposit cash A big negative point for online banks. You cannot deposit cash in an online bank, so you have to go through a normal account, which is not very practical.
How to choose your online bank, easily and serenely?
Changing banks is clearly not an easy thing to do, even though online banks are doing everything they can to make our lives easier, with increasingly attractive offers and increasingly innovative services. So, should we give in to the sirens of online banks? The answer is not black and white, because it all depends on the needs and services you expect from your bank.
If you need to see your banker in person, to explain your situation and to have controlled management If you are a person who is not interested in managing your assets, or if you recognize yourself in the above-mentioned disadvantages, then clearly online banking is not for you. It is true that today, with the evolution of current technologies, the management under mandate allows remote management without too many problems, except for the psychological barrier. There are even websites that offer training and online tools to manage your assets alone, because as the old saying goes, you are only as good as your own efforts.
You should know that the online bank ING or epargnant30.fr offers this type of service. You should take a look at them if this is the last barrier preventing you from switching to an online bank, because you will find many advantages.